Monday, January 31, 2011

sick day.

Today I'm taking a sick day. The last two days have consisted of the most miserable cold I've ever had. I'm just thankful the cold waited it out until the weekend to really get me.

And all last week I thought, "Hmmmm... this cold ain't that bad. Maybe my body's just doing a really great job of keeping the symptoms at bay."

And the whole time my cold was thinking, "Ha. This is just the pre-cold, sucker. You just wait till Friday night."

I barely slept on Friday night, since I could barely breathe from my mouth (dry scratchy throat) or nose (stuffed up). Woke up at 6am on Saturday morning, lay in bed for an hour being very sad that I wasn't sleeping in, took a really long shower, and went to lay down on the couch and watch Netflix. I wanted to let Chris enjoy his Saturday morning sleep-in, even if I couldn't enjoy mine.

While I slept on the couch later that day, Chris took to the stores to get me all sorts of drugs to try out. He even called Sarah (who used to work in a pharmacy) to get her input, and when he came home he had throat spray, drugs to help my headache, sore throat, and congestion, loads of soup, Sprite, and the cookies I'd requested. :) He immediately got to making me a hot bowl of soup, before going on to clean and organize the house.

LOVE that guy.

I felt and looked gross all weekend. I kind of wanted to hide from Chris every time he came into the room. Don't look at me! I wanted to yell. I'm so ugly and gross right now! And he'd just laugh and say whatever... though he did have me switch from using toilet paper for blowing my nose to some moisturized Kleenex he happened to have in his car... because he did notice that I was beginning to look like the ring leader of a very well-known pack of flying deer.

On that note, I've blown my nose so many times these last two days, that it is raw. When I took a shower last night, my face burned when I went to wash it. Ow.

Okay, enough about being sick. I'm starting to feel a lot better today, so I'm ready to put this thing behind me. Today I'm focusing on getting some stuff done.

On the agenda today:
Clean up the office.
Prepare our bills for a discussion with Chris tonight.
Pick up stuff around the house, since Beth is coming over later to cut Chris' hair.
Cook some chicken so I can eat up the leftover rice from last week, and have something more substantial for lunch than soup.
Work on my lesson plans some more.
Go through my computer files and do a backup.

I plan to do a lot of the paper and research stuff from bed, while I watch season one of How I Met Your Mother. (Yes, we now have a TV in our room- it's just like our days at the old condo, when we had roommates and never left our room! Except... now we do leave our room. So really the only thing that's the same is that we can watch DVDs from bed again...)

I've already been slightly productive today; after Chris left for work, I turned on my laptop, caught up on some blogs, and got super excited by Ali Edwards' recent post on digital scrapbooking. So I made up a page during the first few episodes of HIMYM:


I'd been playing with making my own paper and elements a while back, and this patterned paper and the butterflies were some of the more recent creations. I wanted to finally start working on some wedding pages, and I just started with one of the first images we got from our photographers, the dress shot. Looking forward to having time to keep working on this project (and the bazillion others I want to do). :)

No comments:

Post a Comment