Saturday, December 10, 2011

Meeting Prince Charming

My husband's 'like' of my last reminiscent-themed post has spurred me to look through the old photo files. I was looking specifically for the first photo I ever took of him, or the first one of both of us together. Haven't found it yet, but I did find this little gem in the Picture of the Day archives of really early 2009:


This was part of our first conversation, where I had just told him we should be friends because I thought he was awesome because he made a book for Ryan for Christmas (that's the 365 he's referencing), which Ryan then showed me because he knew I'd appreciate it, and of course I did. (Chris now highly recommends creating books for Christmas gifts, because you never know, it just might score you a spouse.)

On further search, I think this may be the first picture I ever took of Chris. This was in January 2009, on a day that Ryan and Chris had invited me out after church to go picture taking and exploring. I didn't want to go. But then I remembered that my Word of the Year was fun, which was an attempt to force myself to get out of the house and talk to people. (My apartment was just so darn comfortable!) So I went, and I remember we went to La Jolla to check out the Museum of Contemporary Art, then to Mount Soledad, where these pictures were taken- our first shots of each other.





2009 turned out to be a good year. Turns out making FUN my word of the year had its benefits, since I met my future husband 16 days later.

And that, my friends, is why you should make New Year's Resolutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment