Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Fall Baby

Way back 9 months ago, I pictured being pregnant in the fall very differently than how it's happened. My cute maternity wardrobe would consist of sweaters and leggings and boots, and I'd spend the last two months cuddled up in big blankets and sewing quilts for this babe. 

Instead, San Diego has refused to let summer go. The last two months have mostly been 90 degrees plus. My maternity wardrobe has been denim leggings, tank tops, and sandals. (Unless I'm at work; then it's been stretchy work pants, tank tops, and sandals.) I've mostly been kicking blankets off in the middle of the night (when I can get my legs to move), and the idea of pulling out my sewing machine in this heat has been laughable.

But today. Today fall finally arrived. And I think it might actually stay. I checked weather.com, and for the next 15 days the weather doesn't go higher than 79. 

Finally.

When I came home from work today, I cuddled right up on the couch with my big blanket. Chris came and sat with me while he set up the new Apple TV (he got it for his birthday) and played around with some apps. The cats interspersed themselves around us, and the sun slowly set outside the window, and gosh darn, it was just so cozy I can't stand it. This is what I wanted for my last months of being pregnant. At least I'll get it for my last weeks! (Or maybe even days, if Baby T will just get on board with coming a bit early.)



This is from a few weeks ago... I haven't been great at keeping up with the editing and stamping of these photos. We actually turn 39 weeks tomorrow! 

I think we might finally be ready. There are finishing touches we're putting on the baby room, but for the most part it's livable. We've got all the furniture in now, and the changing pad, and the dresser with all of baby's cute clothes. The armchair and ottoman are ready to go for those round-the-clock feedings, and the crib's all set up for when we actually attempt to move him into his own room for sleeping (he'll sleep in the pack and play near our bed for awhile). 

We're ready for you, little guy! Whenever you're good to go. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment