Friday, July 22, 2011

Next to Me Studios


So this evening (as my husband and I sit on the couches with our laptops, watching Netflixed shows, in our previously mentioned date night in), I did some research and used some of my internet skillz to figure out the whole blog button conundrum. The result? Two brand spanking new blog buttons, right over there on that sidebar. They link to our main website and to our blog (which ain't nothing fancy yet, but soon). So if you're a reader of this blog and didn't know that my hot husband and I have a photography business, well today's your lucky day. Please check us out, and if you want, you can even leave us a comment about how much you love us. You know, if you want. ;)

And if anyone's wondering where we got our name from, Next to Me was derived, after many months of not coming up with anything good, when I told Chris to listen to his vast collection of music for some inspiration. Check out Sleeping at Last, I told him. We played a lot of their stuff at our wedding, and they're quite poetic and romantic and whimsical. So he did. And the next thing I knew, he was leaning in and whispering in my ear, "Next to Me," and I heard the line sung right at that moment. It was love at first listen.

Next to Me means a couple of things to us. It's symbolic of the photos we take, the bride and groom who are standing next to each other in front of their friends and family, and the families standing next to each other making funny faces and loving on their kids. And it's pretty specific to us, as we are pretty much always next to each other, on our laptops usually, working on editing or homework or researching or just being creative in some way. So it fit in all these ways that we realized right away.

Our business has really taken off in the last couple of months. We've begun booking weddings frequently. We've got two engagement sessions this weekend alone. We generally have 2-3 photo sessions on our editing list at any given time. It's great fun, something we both love doing together, and we're excited to see what the coming year will bring us with our little studio.

So please check us out if you haven't already. And like I said, don't be shy about leaving us a little love note!

No comments:

Post a Comment